Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Melt 150 g butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, then leave to cook until it stops boiling and gives off a "hazelnut" smell.
Stand the pan in cold water for 10 seconds to cool the butter.
- 1 min.Pour the butter into the mixture through a very fine strainer.
- 2 min.Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- 1 min.If you would like to add a little crunch, now is the time to add 100 g chopped pistachios.
Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 10 min.Pour into ingot-shaped "financier" moulds...
- ..or madeleine moulds.
- 15 min.Bake for 15 minutes maximum, so that they stay moist.
- Serve warm or cold.
Remarks:For plain financiers, see the classic recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little Christmas biscuits, Paris-Brest, Rich hazelnut buttercream, How to make marzipan decorations, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Kouing-aman brioche, Salmon rillettes, Baked apples from St Aubin le Vertueux, Baked potoatoes with herb butter or cream , ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Pistachio powder or paste, Baked Alaska, Vanilla ice cream, Pistachio madeleines, ... [All]