Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add 200 g egg white and whisk in.
- 3 min.Add 100 g Pistachio powder or paste and mix again.
- 10 min.Melt 200 g butter over low heat until it boils, then continue heating until the boiling has almost stopped (this is what we call 'noisette' butter, due to the hazelnut smell it gives off at this stage).
Remove from the heat and stand the bottom of the pan (be careful, it will be very hot!) in cold water (in the sink, for example) to cool the butter.
- 3 min.When cool, pour the butter through a very fine strainer into the mixture...
- 10 min....and mix thoroughly.
- 1 hourPour the mixture into madeleine moulds and leave to rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- 15 min.Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and bake the madeleines for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:Use pistachio paste rather than powder, if possible, as the smooth texture helps it to mix easily into the madeleine batter.
These proportions are to make a set number of small madeleines. It will make half the quantity of large madeleines: 60 small madeleines = 30 large.
Source:After Joel Robulchon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to add beaten eggs whites to a mixture, Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, Amaretti, Baked Alaska, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amaretti, Saint Honoré cake, Brioche slices with almond cream, Pink Reims biscuits, Finger biscuits, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushrooms on toast, French style, Rich hazelnut buttercream, Crème de foie gras, Pistachio "Financiers", Spinach Omelette, ... [All]
- Pistachio powder or paste: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio "Financiers", Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Pistachio shortbread biscuits, Pistachio custard tart, ... [All]