Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.
Allow ingredients to come to room temperature
Take the butter out of the fridge at least 1 hour beforehand.
Break the eggs then weigh 125 g butter carefully; this is important for the rest of the recipe. Put into a bowl and leave at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Start beating and mix the sugar and butter thoroughly.
- 3 min.Add the eggs one at a time...
- 2 min....and beat until the mixture is smooth.
Important: If the mixture begins to curdle, stop beating and plunge the bowl into a pan of hot water, beating with a hand whisk until the mixture homogenizes (normally about 1 minute).
- 2 min.
- 30 min.Mix into the batter with whisk.
Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
- 2 min.
Bake the cake
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Pour the batter into the mould or tin.
- 35 min.Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Test the centre of the cake to check that it is cooked .
Remarks:If you want to include dry fruit, chocolate chips, etc., add these at step 6, mixed with the flour.
Source:Based on recipe by Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Flaky brownie brioche, Pitta bread, Little lemon biscuits, Little Christmas biscuits, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Prune Far, Eggs in tomato shells, Toasted-flour biscuits, Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), French toast "cordon bleu", ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom velouté, French onion soup, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Naan, Scallop and leek pancakes, ... [All]