Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 1 hourLeave the pears to cool in the syrup.
This can be done in advance, even several days beforehand.
- 5 min.Drain the pears and slice them.
- 5 min.Put 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into each dish.
- 3 min.Arrange a sliced pear on top.
- 3 min.Pour the hot chocolate sauce over and serve immediately.
Remarks:You can scatter a few toasted flaked almonds over the chocolate if you like, but this is not essential.
Many recipes leave the pears whole with the stalk still on. This is certainly more attractive, but less enjoyable to eat. That is why the pears are sliced in this version.
The recipe was invented by Auguste Escoffier in the nineteenth century in honour of the eponymous musical work by Jacques Offenbach.
Source:Based on a recipe by Auguste Escoffier.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Poaching syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to poach peaches, Peach Melba, Peach and green tea tart, Coupe Augustin, ... [All]
- Vanilla ice cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Profiteroles, Baked Alaska, Peach Melba, Little caramelized peach tarts, Ice-cream Vacherin, ... [All]
- Chocolate sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Profiteroles, Like Bounty, ... [All]