Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Pour slowly half of 500 ml milk, beating briskly to get a smooth dough.
- 2 min.Add melted butter.
- 5 min.Continue to beat, adding the second half of milk.
- 3 min.Pour into a mould and scatter over 200 g dried prunes.
- 45 min.Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Check cooking and remove from oven as soon as it is well cooked.
Allow to cool a little before serving either still warm or cold.
- Possible variations: replace prunes with dried apricots, or apples pieces briefly pan-fred a littlebutter.
Remarks:You will notice that the dough is very liquid, so it shouldn't be made too far in advance otherwise flour could sink to the bottom. Likewise, you should be careful not to let it become lumpy, so beat thoroughly.
If you don't have vanilla sugar, use normal caster sugar.
Source:After Yann Beyer and Sébastien Mével.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Liège waffles, Mustard baps, Dublin fruit scones, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Burger buns, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond macaroon cake, Lobster Thermidor, Cornmeal baps for Anne, Langoustine sabayon tart, Walnut short bread, ... [All]