Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Mix 200 g soft fruit of your choice (raspberries, blackcurrants, bluberries, raspberries, currants...). Aim to include at least 3 kinds. You can use frozen fruit.
Wash the fruit quickly under running cold water, drain and dry them on a cloth.
If these fruits are not treated or come from your garden, just rinse very briefly, they will taste better.
- 3 min.Put 50 g caster sugar in a non-stick frying pan on high heat, tip fruit on top, stir gently.
- 2 min.Barely cook the fruit (one or two minutes), just so that sugar melts, mixes with the juice, and coats the fruit.
Remove from heat and set aside.
- 30 min.At the last minute, make 300 ml sabayon.
- 3 min.Fill a dessert plate or a small dish with a layer of semi-cooked fruits.
- 2 min.Cover with sabayon.
- 1 min.You can, if you want, just before serving, "burn" sabayon with a blow lamp, which adds an excellent hint of caramel flavour, but it's not essential.
Remarks:If you're not familiar with sabayon, you can replace it with a real custard (crème anglaise).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sabayon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh fruit in sabayon, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple Tatin Terrine, Cooking sugar, Nougatine, Ciabatta, Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , ... [All]