Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Put 300 g strawberries into a blender goblet. There is no need to remove the green tops.
- 2 min.Blend thoroughly.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Transfer the mixture into an ice-cream maker and leave it to churn...
- ...until the purée begins to thicken a little.
- 2 min.Beat 1 egg white until light and fluffy.
- 1 min.Add this to the mixture while churning.
- 10 min.Leave to churn until the sorbet texture is smooth and creamy.
Remarks:You will see how the trick of incorporating a beaten egg white lightens the sorbet in both senses: not only in texture, but also in colour, as it changes from red to pink. This does not affect the flavour, and the lighter sorbet will also keep without turning hard. Professional makers inject air into their ice creams to achieve the same effect.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Strawberry and rhubarb crumble, Eton mess, Strawberry Charlotte, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Strawberry-mint sorbet, Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, Fruit coulis (fruit purée), Peach and blackcurrant coupe, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crust for tea, Vanilla ice cream, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Eton mess, Chocolate madeleines, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemon creams, Baked salmon fillet, Arlesian Biscuits, Fruit coulis (fruit purée), Raw beetroot mousse with walnuts, ... [All]