Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Put 300 g strawberries into a blender goblet. There is no need to remove the green tops.
- 2 min.Blend thoroughly.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Transfer the mixture into an ice-cream maker and leave it to churn...
- ...until the purée begins to thicken a little.
- 2 min.Beat 1 egg white until light and fluffy.
- 1 min.Add this to the mixture while churning.
- 10 min.Leave to churn until the sorbet texture is smooth and creamy.
Remarks:You will see how the trick of incorporating a beaten egg white lightens the sorbet in both senses: not only in texture, but also in colour, as it changes from red to pink. This does not affect the flavour, and the lighter sorbet will also keep without turning hard. Professional makers inject air into their ice creams to achieve the same effect.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberries with mint and cream, Chouquettes, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Strawberry feuilleté, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Pistachio tiramisu, Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amaretti, Meringues, Yvetot Douillons, Vanilla ice cream, Pistachio powder or paste, ... [All]