Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Put 300 g strawberries into a blender goblet. There is no need to remove the green tops.
- 2 min.Blend thoroughly.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Transfer the mixture into an ice-cream maker and leave it to churn...
- ...until the purée begins to thicken a little.
- 2 min.Beat 1 egg white until light and fluffy.
- 1 min.Add this to the mixture while churning.
- 10 min.Leave to churn until the sorbet texture is smooth and creamy.
Remarks:You will see how the trick of incorporating a beaten egg white lightens the sorbet in both senses: not only in texture, but also in colour, as it changes from red to pink. This does not affect the flavour, and the lighter sorbet will also keep without turning hard. Professional makers inject air into their ice creams to achieve the same effect.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry Charlotte, Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Strawberry tart, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio tiramisu, Pear charlotte, Strawberry Charlotte, 4 pears salad with vanilla, Framboisier, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Swiss meringues, Almond macaroon cake, Meringues, Calissons, Yvetot Douillons, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Green parsley sauce, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Crêpes Suzette, Spaghetti Carbonara, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, ... [All]