Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.
- 7 min.Coat the inside with white chocolate. This is not essential, but helps to keep the pastry crisp for longer.
- 20 min.
- 20 min.Prepare the confectioner's custard (crème pâtissière, or french pastry cream).
- 2 min.When the custard has cooled, beat in 2 tablespoons verveine liqueur using a whisk.
- 1 min.Tip the chantilly cream into the custard...
- 3 min.... and fold in gently with a soft spatula to make a light cream.
- 3 min.Spread the cream in the bottom of the tart case (use a forcing bag if possible to make this easier).
- 10 min.Then top with strawberries, pressing them a little way into the cream to hold them in place.
Keep in the fridge, but leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Remarks:Verveine liqueur is made with lemon verbena. For a non-alcoholic version, you can flavour the confectioner's custard by leaving the fresh herb to infuse in the milk.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Paris-Brest, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Saint Honoré cake, Strawberry tart, St Tropez tart, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apricot and almond cream tart, Rhubarb tart, Exotic fruit tart, How to bake blind a pastry cake , Chocolate tart, ... [All]
- Chantilly cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Warm apple feuillantines, Belle-helene in a glass, European glass, Strawberries with mint and cream, ... [All]