Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Prepare the mascarpone cream: in the bowl of a food processor, put: 250 g Mascarpone, 250 ml liquid cream, 70 g caster sugar, 10 g Vanilla sugar and 2 eggs.
Beat until this becomes a light cream.
Set aside in the fridge.
- 20 min.Peel 4 apples, and cut into small dice.
- 3 min.Melt 80 g butter in a pan over high heat, then add the diced apples.
- 20 min.Scatter 80 g caster sugar over the top and cook, stirring from time to time or, better still, shake the pan and toss lightly (sauter) until the apples are caramelized, rather like for a tarte tatin.
Leave to cool.
- 5 min.Put a layer of tatin apples in the bottom of each glass.
- 5 min.Cover with mascarpone cream and finish with a piece of apple on the top.
You can flavour the mascarpone cream with any alcohol you choose, by adding 2 tablespoonsful of Calvados, for example. For a flavour that is more like tiramisu, add 2 tablespoonsful of amaretto.