Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Roast 100 g whole almonds:
Preheat oven to 240°C or 464°F and put almonds on a baking sheet.
- 5 min.Put them in the oven for about 5 minutes, until they are dried and lightly browned. They become crunchier, and develop a different flavour.
- 10 min.Remove from oven, allow to cool, and chop roughly with a large knife. Set aside.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Mix on medium speed for a few minutes.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Mix on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and soft.
- 3 min.Take ¼ of mixture from bowl.
- 3 min.To this add 20 g powdered cocoa and 4 tablespoons milk.
- 5 min.Mix until nice and chocolatey, then add 2/3 of the almonds.
- 3 min.Add the remaining almonds to the plain mixture.
It's normal to have far more "yellow" than "brown" mixture.
- 5 min.Make the cake: put a yellow layer in the bottom of your mould, then a thinner brown layer, and so on, finishing with yellow layer on top.
- 1 hour
Remarks:For a prettier cake: when assembling the layers, put a yellow layer, then add 2 rolls of brown mixture with a forcing bag, then another yellow layer, etc.
Source:Home made from a Gaston Lenôtre recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche slices with almond cream, Rich hazelnut buttercream, Nanou's chocolate cake, Coconut paste, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate almond cookies, Carbonnade, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), Nanou's chocolate cake, Vegetable clafoutis, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Moist cereal bars, Marchand de vin sauce, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Apple Batter Puddings, Flaky brownie brioche, ... [All]
- Whole almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Grandma Solange's biscuits, Moist cereal bars, Kugelhof for Nanou, Chocolate Truffles, X-Files cookies, ... [All]