Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 5 min.While the tart case is cooling, melt 50 g white chocolate in a bain-marie.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.Mix the drained and dried gelatin into the chocolate ganache while it is still hot.
Set aside and keep warm to prevent it setting.
Prepare the orange curdPrepare 300 g Lime (or lemon) curd, but using oranges instead of lemons...
- 40 min....to make orange curd.
Keep warm so that it stays fairly runny.
- 2 min.
Fill the tart
Stand the pastry case on the serving plate.
- 5 min.Cut a piece of thin card the same length as the diagonal of the tart.
If you are making a round tart, use the diameter of the tin or mould.
Cover the card with aluminium foil, then wedge it into the tart case, like in the photo.
This is the tricky part: you need to keep the card upright as this is what will stop the two fillings running into each other.
- 5 min.Pour half the chocolate ganache into one half of the tart and half the orange curd into the other.
Wait until the fillings thicken up and begin to set. Refrigerate if possible to speed up this process.
- 30 min.When the fillings are set enough and "pasty" to the touch, pour the remaining fillings into the tart, changing sides (chocolate on top of orange, orange on top of chocolate).
- 2 min.When the second layer is beginning to set (pasty to the touch, like before), gently remove the card.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Use a forcing bag to pipe a decorative strip that will hide the join between the chocolate and orange fillings.
- 2 min.Give your masterpiece a finishing touch with a quick blast from a torch...
- ...to brown the meringue and make it more attractive.
- Your two-coloured orange-chocolate tart is ready.
Remarks:Depending on the oranges, your orange curd may well turn out yellow. You can change the colour with 2 or 3 drops of red food colouring. This will not affect the taste, but will give the orange colour that appears more normal to the eye with the definite orange flavour of the curd.chantilly cream
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chocolate ganache: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Flaky chocolate brioche, Chocolate Truffles, ... [All]
- Lime (or lemon) curd: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie, Little lime tarts, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to roll out pastry for a tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, Flaked almond tart, Simple maple-syrup tart, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Apple and almond gratin, Bounty-style tart for Alison, Corsican tarts, Pistachio panna cotta with custard, ... [All]