Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Start by roast 125 g walnut kernels: put on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 10 minutes.
Walnut should dry without coloring.
- 3 min.Let cool, then mix to get a powder.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Make a kind of ball with the dough.
- 2 hoursAnd put it between 2 plastic film sheets to make a kind of thick circle.
Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours or a night, otherwise 30 minutes in the freezer.
We do that because dough is very very soft at ambient temperature.
- 10 min.Preheat your oven at 360°F (180°C).
Spread the dough, not too thin, on the working surface, and cut in circles...
- ...that you lay on a baking sheet.
- You can also make square shapes using a roll.
- 25 min.Put in the oven and make cook for about 25 minutes, watch for color because short bread should not be too cooked otherwise they are dry.
Let cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:You can make this recipe with almonds, hazelnut or other dry fruits of your choice
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Prune Far, Almond macaroon cake, Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes, Savoury mini-madeleines with 2 cheeses, Pogne de Romans, ... [All]
- Walnut kernels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Raw beetroot salad, Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Raw beetroot mousse with walnuts, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Turban of sole with langoustines, Sautéd broccoli with ham, How to prepare cockles, Oat shortbread biscuits, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gâteau Nantais, Pink Reims biscuits, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Pistachio "Financiers", Armagnac marzipan, ... [All]