Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Peel 4 Pears and remove the core with an apple-corer (the stalk will go as well, but that doesn't matter).
- 3 min.Fill the middle of each pear with confectioner's custard. You can use a teaspoon, but it is better to use a forcing bag.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Wrap each pear in half a pancake, sugar side inwards.
- 4 min.Cut a circle of puff pastry for each pear about 12 cm (5 inches) in diameter.
- 1 min.Place a pear in the centre of the pastry circle...
- 1 min....and fold the pastry up around it.
- 5 min.Finish the edge neatly with a strip of pastry.
- 5 min.Glaze the puff pastry, then bake for about 30 minutes.
- 30 min.Leave until just warm or cold before serving.
Remarks:I like using red Williams pears for this, but whatever variety of pear you prefer will work fine.
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Courgette tart with mint, Apple Pie, Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Pissaladière with puff pastry, Vegetable pie, ... [All]
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry Verveine Tart , Saint Honoré cake, Almond cream or frangipane, Millefeuille, Paris-Brest, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Epiphany galette, Chinois, Brioche Tatin, Apple Strudel, Pecan fruit rolls , ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pear compote , Pear tart with almond cream, Poire Belle Hélène, Apple and pear tart, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , ... [All]