Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 10 min.Peel 250 g white haricot beans.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.In a pan on medium fire, pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and when it's hot add minced shallot, salt and pepper.
Make cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 2 min.Add peeled tomatoes, salt again and slow fire.
- 20 min.Make cook slowly, stiring from time to time, covered, until tomatoes are soft.
Note: We leave pan covered to get more tomatoes juice, which will be absorbed by beans.
- 20 min.Add beans, stir and let cook until beans are soft (about 20 minutes).
- 5 min.Add chicken, stir well and let heat 5 more minutes.
- 3 min.During this time, mince parsley.
- 3 min.At the last time add parsley to the mixture, check seasoning and serve.
Remarks:If you don't have chicken, replace it with small pieces of bacon or just leave it out.
If you use tinned (canned) beans, just add them at the same time as the chicken.
For this recipe all proportions can be varied, so don't hesitate to change them according to your taste or what you have available.
And to drink?Try one of those great Cahors wines.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- White haricot beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausages with baked beans, French style, Cassoulet, Minestrone, ... [All]
- Cooked chicken: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice and peas, Lemony chicken and radish salad, Gratin of chicken with rice and sautéed mushrooms, Surprise bread, Chicken and Avocado Salad, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad stack, Eggs in tomato shells, Chicken and Avocado Salad, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, ... [All]