Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Peel 1 celeriac, rinse and cut into quarters.
- 5 min.Slice the quarters thinly (use a mandolin if possible; it's very quick).
- 5 min.
- 5 min.SImmer gently until the celeriac is tender.
Discard the garlic and bayleaf, then drain the celeriac (the milk used for cooking is not used again in this recipe).
- 10 min.Peel 500 g mushrooms and chop fairly small.
- 5 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the mushrooms and fry until browned, stirring frequently.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 2 min.Butter a gratin dish.
Spread half the celeriac in the bottom with half of the 100 g grated cheese. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 2 min.Spread the mushrooms on top.
- 4 min.Then the rest of the celeriac and cheese. Salt and pepper again, then pour over 200 ml cream.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.
Source:Based on a recipe by Nathalie Beauvais.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach and verbena feuilleté, Potimarron and leek soup, Gâteau Basque , Cannelés, Panna cotta, ... [All]
- Mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Kérinou slices, Rabbit civet "à la normande", Mushroom and artichoke omelette, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fisherman's Ragout, New tiramisu, Almond mug cake for Mary, Breton Pie, Blanquette of veal, ... [All]