Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 20 min.Rinse 300 g mushrooms rapidly, then dry and cut into small pieces.
- 5 min.Cut 300 g chicken breast into medium-sized chunks.
- 1 min.
- 10 min.Add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft.
- 1 min.
- 5 min.Using the same pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and add the chopped leeks.
Cook uncovered until they are just done, then salt and pepper.
- 7 min.Use the same pan to fry 125 g small pieces of bacon lightly.
- 5 min.Still using the same pan, melt 1 tablespoon goose fat. When smoking hot, add the chicken pieces.
Fry rapidly until browned all over.
- 15 min.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Choose a gratin or pie dish and spread a layer of mushooms in the bottom.
Add the bacon on top.
- 3 min.Then add a layer of leeks.
- 3 min.A layer of chicken.
- 3 min.And a layer of sliced hard-boiled eggs.
Pour any remaining chicken stock over the top.
- 3 min.Roll out the puff pastry to make a lid and pierce 2 holes, which will act as vents to let the steam escape.
- 5 min.Trim off the overhanging pastry around the edge and tuck the pastry into the dish.
- 5 min.Use the trimmings to make decorations to stick on the top.
- 3 min.Glaze the pastry with beaten egg.
- 30 min.Bake until the puff pastry is nicely browned.
Remarks:Chicken pie is very good reheated and freezes well.
Source:After Gaston Lenotre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken club sandwich, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Chorba, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, ... [All]
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Chicken and mushroom pie, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Kérinou slices, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pizza dough, Chicken nems, Vegetable stock, Chorba, How to rehydrate dried mushrooms, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Small foie gras pasties, Small cheese and bacon rolls , Ham spirals, Crusty cockle tart, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]