Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Roll out the puff pastry and line the tart tin or mould. Prick all over the base with a pique-vite (pastry pricker) or fork and leave to wait in the fridge.
- 50 min.Cook the Morteau sausage, then peel off the skin and dice (slice first, cut the slices into sticks, then cut the sticks into dice).
- 15 min.Peel and rinse 300 g potatoes, then dice fairly small (like for the Morteau sausage). Rinse again and dry in a tea towel.
- 8 min.Pour 3 tablespoons oil into a frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the diced potatoes.
Fry, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper when cooked.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
Spread the diced sausage in the bottom of the tart.
- 2 min.Add the diced potatoes on top.
- 2 min.Finish by pouring the cancoillotte over.
If the tub of cancoillotte has come straight from the fridge, heat in the microwave for 1 minute to liquefy it.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
- Best eaten hot or warm. Serve with a green salad and a good french dressing (vinaigrette).
Remarks:If you can't find Morteau sausage, you can use another kind, but preferably smoked.
And to drink?A red Arbois wine to keep the regional flavour, or a Beaujolais.
Source:Home made, but friendly dedicated to Seàn M. from Dublin.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sorrel soup, Potato wallets, Sarladaise potatoes, "Day After Pork Belly" Soup, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, ... [All]
- Morteau sausage: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Sausage buckwheat pancakes, Hotpot my grandmother's way , Express sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Cancoillotte: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs Comtoise, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Endive gratin with cancoillotte, ... [All]