Step by step recipe:
- Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a pan on medium heat, add shallot, salt, pepper, and cook for one minute.
- Add leeks, mix well and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, until leeks are just cooked, checking that leeks don't catch on bottom of pan.
Meanwhile, cut chicken (use leftovers) into very small pieces.
- As soon as leeks are cooked, add chicken pieces, 100 ml cream and grated a little Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) (to taste), mix well and leave to thicken a few minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and add chopped parsley.
- Spread out in front of you two sheets of filo, one on top of the other...
Note: you can apply some melted butter with a brush between the two sheets to make them stick, it'll be easier to roll up.
- ...put about a tablespoon of chicken-leeks mixture in the middle of one edge of filo sheets...
- ... roll filo around the mix over about ¼ length to start a roll...
- ...fold sides over centre...
- ...and finish rolling up.
Continue like this with all the mix, or all the sheets.
- You can sprinkle some sesame (or other) seeds on rolls.
- Put in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes...
- ...until rolls are nicely browned.
Serve with a green salad if possible.
Remarks:The rolls are unsuitable for freezing because filo pastry breaks into fragments when frozen. You would do better to freeze chicken-leek mixture, then thaw it and make rolls just before cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked chicken: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken and Avocado Salad, Rice and peas, Valay salad, Lemony chicken and radish salad, Surprise bread, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Feta and spinach brik pie, Chocolate ganache, Breton Pie, Lille style chicken, Chocolate cream, ... [All]
- Sheet of filo pastry : You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Red rice pannequets, Langoustine sabayon tart, Filo leeks and cheese tart, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, Kérinou slices, Flamiche, Green avocado salad, Two-olive ciabatta, ... [All]