Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel the prawns and cut into small pieces.
- 5 min.Melt 30 g butter in a frying pan, add the prawns and fry until lightly browned.
- 1 min.When fried, add 1 tablespoon curry powder and mix well. Leave to cook for a further minute and remove from the heat.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Tip in 2 glasses rice, stir for 2 or 3 minutes until the rice has "pearled", or become translucent.
- 3 min.Pour in 1 glass dry white wine and stir until the liquid has been completely absorbed.
- 30 min.Turn down the heat and add 4 glasses Vegetable stock gradually, stirring all the time.
- The rice should be cooked but still quite moist.
- 2 min.Add 100 ml cream and mix well.
- 2 min.Add the spiced prawns...
- 2 min....then the grated 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) and your risotto is ready.
Remarks:For a stronger curry flavour, you can add an extra tablespoon of curry powder between steps 5 and 6.
If you don't have any vegetable stock, a chicken stock cube will work fine.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Prawns: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Quick prawn curry, Seafood sauerkraut, Paella, Prawn salad with a crunch, Spicy seafood plancha, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Courgettes (zuchinis) , Feta and spinach brik pie, Fish Mousselines, Courgette tart with mint, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tzatziki, Fish in white wine, Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Seafood sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Pesto crackers, Spring Bread, Tomato tatin, Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, ... [All]