Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 10 min.Fry until lightly browned on both sides. Do this in batches if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 3 min.Arrange a layer of endives in a gratin dish.
- 2 min.Lay the ham on top.
- 2 min.Add any remaining endives.
- 20 min.Pour 250 g cancoillotte over and top with grated cheese (to give a nicely browned top when cooked).
Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Remarks:You can use bà¼ndnerfleisch (Swiss dried beef) brési (French smoked beef from the Franche-Comté region) instead of ham.
If you can't get cancoillotte, just use slices of another cheese, preferably with a soft texture, such as Saint-Nectaire or roblochon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endives , How to prepare endives , Gratin du Nord, Flamiche, Endives "bonne femme", ... [All]
- Cancoillotte: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Comtoise tart for Seàn, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Eggs Comtoise, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Leek and tuna loaf, Feta in olive oil with herbs, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Pasta with green asparagus, ... [All]