Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 10 min.Peel 500 g potatoes and slice, then rinse and dry.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Add the chopped onion, salt and pepper and stir well. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 30 min.Add the sliced potatoes, salt and pepper again and stir well.
Cover and leave to cook for about 30 minutes.
- 10 min.Meanwhile, prepare 700 g endives (head of chicory) but do not blanch, then cut into pieces.
- 10 min.Add the endives to the pan, add the juice of ½ lemon and stir well.
Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 5 min.Remove the lid and check if the potatoes are cooked. They should be soft. If not, leave to finish cooking without the lid.
- 3 min.Serve piping hot, either on individual plates or straight from the pan in the middle of the table.
Remarks:As with any cunningly modest recipe like this one, the proportions are very approximate, so you can adapt it to suit yourself.
I love to eat this with a drizzle of vinegar over it, but that's a matter of personal taste.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Gratin du Nord, How to prepare endives , Endive gratin with cancoillotte, Gratin of Endives with Mont d'Or, Endives , ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Minestrone, Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, Vegetable pie, How to cook potato grenaille , ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pollack Parmentier, Confit of carrots with bacon, Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes, Lumberjack turnovers, Roscoff loaf, ... [All]
- Small pieces of smoked bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Montbenoit's canapés, Eggs meurette, Rabbit civet "à la normande", ... [All]