Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 10 min.Add the sliced leeks, mix well, cover and cook for about 10 minutes...
- 1 min....until leeks are soft, but keep a pretty green colour.
Salt and pepper only now.
- 1 min.Melt 30 g butter.
- 1 min.Place a sheet of filo pastry in front of you.
- 1 min.Coat the whole surface with butter, using a brush.
- 1 min.Put the sheet into your mould or dish, buttered side down.
Trim off the surplus, and use the trimmings to completely cover the inside of the mould.
- 5 min.Do this with 2 or 3 layers of filo pastry, each time buttered side dowm.
Finally butter the upper surface of the last sheet (which will be buttered both sides).
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Beat well.
- 1 min.Put the leeks into the pastry case in an even layer.
- 1 min.Pour in the mixture.
- 1 min.Put slices of cheese on top.
- 30 min.Put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown. It's ready.
Remarks:You can use any cheese you like, but I advise you to use a soft strong-flavoured cheese: Morbier, Maroilles or Munster (for French examples), or any good goat's cheese, etc.
If you love plenty of crust, add one or two more layers of filo pastry.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio panna cotta with custard, Like Bounty, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Chocolate mug cake, Cod loin with saffron, ... [All]
- Cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , Welsh (French Welsh Rarebit), Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Truffade, Potato wallets, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Jam doughnuts, How to fry eggs well, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Grilled cheese, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, ... [All]
- Sheet of filo pastry : You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Red rice pannequets, Langoustine sabayon tart, ... [All]