Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut out the stalk end of each tomato.
- 3 min.Then cut into slices about about 1cm (0.5 inch) thick. Salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside
- 1 min.Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan or saucepan on medium heat.
Add the herbs and garlic and stir round gently.
- 5 min.Arrange the tomato slices in the pan on top of the herbs and leave to cook, but be sure not to let them burn.
Heat the plates.
- 5 min.Turn the tomato slices over and cook the same way on the other side.
- 2 min.After this, you should be able to pull off the tomato skin. Discard this, along with the herbs and garlic.
- 2 min.Push the tomatoes aside, leaving "holes" to take the eggs.
- 8 min.Pour the eggs between the tomatoes and leave to cook over low heat until the white is completely set. Salt and pepper the eggs lightly.
Now your fried eggs and tomatoes are ready, you just need to slide them carefully onto the plates, trickle a little balsamic vinegar over. Serve immediately.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad, Hamburgers, Tomato omelette, Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , Greek salad, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Ciabatta, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cornmeal baps for Anne, Hamburgers, Buckwheat almond biscuits, Liège waffles, Pistachio tiramisu, ... [All]
- Bayleaf: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish in white wine, Small ratatouille with , Red rice pannequets, Home-made doner kebab, Rabbit civet "à la normande", ... [All]