Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan on medium heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic, salt and pepper, then cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10 min.Add 250 g minced beef...
- 3 min....and cook, stirring regularly, until the meat is cooked.
Add the chopped parsley and check the seasoning.
- 3 min.Tip into a bowl, leave to cool, then add 1 egg and mix well.
Your filling is ready.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Moisten around the edge of the pastry with a brush dipped in water.
- 1 min.Place the filling on one half of the circle, not too close to the edge...
- 1 min....then fold the circle over in half and press all along the edge to seal.
- 30 min.Use up all the pastry like this.
- It is traditional for the edge of the pasties to be "marked". Use your finger to create an even pattern along the seam.
Of course, this is not essential, just prettier.
- 1 min.Glaze the pasties.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Serve 2 pasties per person with a good green salad and french dressing (vinaigrette).
Remarks:You can also fry the pasties, but this method of cooking makes them higher in fat.
Source:Based on Gisèle's recipe, of course.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French custard tart, Leek and Mimolette tart, Salmon and spinach quiche, Quiche Lorraine, Rata-tart, ... [All]
- Minced beef: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Spaghetti Bolognese, Algerian brik rolls, Hamburgers, Meatballs, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, Cramique, Brioche Tatin, Flaky brownie brioche, Ham "friand" pie, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Beetroot salad with cashew nuts, Tomato omelette, Thin endive tart, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Tomato meat balls, ... [All]