Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 350 g potatoes and rinse.
- 5 min.Grate the potatoes fairly coarsly.
- 2 min.Transfer the grated potatoes to colander or strainer and rinse thoroughly (the water running through the potatoes should be clear).
- 2 min.Dry the potatoes on a tea towel.
- 2 min.Tip the potatoes into a bowl, salt and pepper, then add 1 egg.
- 1 min.Mix well.
- 2 min.Add 1 tablespoon flour and mix again.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Fry the potato cakes...
- ...until golden brown all over.
- They can also be pan fried: place the dessert ring in the oiled pan and shape the potato cakes...
- ...directly in the pan.
- Fry until browned on both sides.
Remarks:It is really important to rinse the potatoes thoroughly after grating to remove the starch which would otherwise make the cakes stick during cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fisherman's Ragout, Sorrel soup, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, Chilli langoustines, Crème de foie gras, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hamburgers, How to fry eggs well, Potato Waffles with Smoked Salmon, "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Salmon and spinach quiche, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Elsa's Comtoise galette, Muffin dough, Chocolate almond cookies, Fish in a sesame crust, Pizza dough, ... [All]