Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Wash and scrub 200 g green asparagus spears, but there is no need to peel them.
Steam until just tender.
- 5 min.Slice into small rounds.
- 5 min.Beat 6 eggs, salt and pepper.
- 2 min.Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. When really hot, pour in the beaten eggs.
Leave to cook for 1 or 2 minutes until it begins to cook underneath.
- 2 min.Scatter the sliced apsaragus over the middle of the omelette, then 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan).
- 5 min.Leave to cook until the omelette begins to set around the edge. It should only still be liquid in the centre.
- 1 min.Fold the omelette over in half (use 2 forks to do this), turn off the heat and leave to cook gently like this for a further 2 or 3 minutes.
- 3 min.Serve immediately.
Remarks:Do be careful not to overcook the omelette, or it will dry out.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green asparagus: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Minestrone, Pasta with green asparagus, Scallops with green asparagus tips and parmesan, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Pesto crackers, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, Spaghetti Carbonara, Curried prawn risotto, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Grated potato cakes, Buckwheat pancakes, Pistachio cream, Little Christmas biscuits, ... [All]