Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Prepare and wash 500 g green beans, then cut into short lengths.
- 5 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the beans quickly, just 5 minutes from the time the water comes back to the boil.
Cool under cold water, then drain.
- 5 min.Prepare 2 spring onions (scallions) and chop.
- 40 min.
- 2 min.Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan, then add the chopped onions, salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- 5 min.Add 150 g small pieces of bacon, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 3 min.Add the drained beans and mix well. You will see that this soaks up all the fat in the bottom of the pan.
- 3 min.Add the tomatoes, salt lightly and cover.
- 15 min.Leave to cook for fifteen minutes on low heat until the tomatoes have broken down into a sauce.
Remarks:All the proportions are simply for guidance, so you van vary them according to what you have to hand.
Source:One of Nanou's recipes.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: French bean salad with vinaigrette , Minestrone, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Macédoine of vegetables, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Maroilles cheese quiche, How to cook bacon and remove excess fat, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Rabbit with mustard, Rabbit civet, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Greek salad, Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , Guacamole, Piedmont salad, Mixed salad stack, ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, Gravlax, Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Prawn salad with a crunch, ... [All]