Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Wash and chop 1 bunch parsley.
- 3 min.Grate cheese.
- 5 min.Cut 500 g cooked meat (here it's leftover chicken) into small pieces.
- 2 min.Put 2 tablespoons oil in a pan on medium heat, then add the chopped shallot and cook for a minute or two.
- 5 min.Add the meat, salt and pepper then cook for approximately 5 minutes while stirring well.
- 5 min.Remove the pan from heat, then add 2 eggs.
- ... while stirring vigorously.
- 1 min.Add parsley.
- Mix again
- 3 min.Butter a large dish.
- 5 min.In the bottom put a layer of mashed potato (approximately 1 cm or ½ inch thick).
- 5 min.Add all the meat in another layer.
- 5 min.Cover with a second layer of mashed potato.
- 3 min.And finally add a fine layer of grated cheese.
- 30 min.Put in the oven for 20/30 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
Remarks:For a more sophisticated recipe, you can:
- Make more than 4 layers of mashed potato-meat-mashed potato-cheese, for example mashed potato-meat-mashed potato-cheese-meat-mashed potato-cheese. You should, of course, finish with a layer of mashed potato sprinkled with cheese.
- Add some cream to the mashed potatoes
- Add some chopped ham or bacon to the meat
[Translator's note: this is the French answer to the English cottage or shepherd's pie].
Source:Home made, but Nanou taught me everything.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked meat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Artichokes with beef, Lentil and cold-meat salad, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]
- Potato purée: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Aligot, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Duck Parmentier, Upside-down Parmentier, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur complet, Winegrowers' sausage casserole, Spinach brik parcels, Rémoulade dressing, Salmon marinated like herring, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Spinach Omelette, Chocolate tart, Chocolate cake, ... [All]