Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.Prepare 3 leeks and chop finely.
Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan on medium heat, add the leeks, stir and cover. Turn the heat right down and leave to cook gently in their own juices.
As soon as the leeks are cooked (about 8 minutes), take the lid off, remove form the heat, salt and pepper, then set aside.
- 10 min.Prepare 250 g Bechamel sauce.
- 2 min.Take off the heat and add 2 eggs while beating.
- 2 min.Add 150 g grated cheese (Mimolette if possible) and mix again.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 12 min.Roll out the pastry and line the tart tin or mould.
Spread the leeks evenly in the bottom.
- 2 min.Pour the bechamel sauce on top and spread evenly.
- 5 min.If you have time, decorate the top with small pieces of Mimolette.
- 35 min.Bake for about 35 minutes.
Remarks:This works best with Mimolette, preferably aged, but if you don't have any, use any other cheese you like (Comté, Gruère, Cheddar, etc.).
You can bake the emplty pastry base blind for 10 minutes to make it crisper, but this is not essential.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rata-tart, French custard tart, Quiche Lorraine, Salmon and spinach quiche, Gisèle's Pasties, ... [All]
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin slices with spinach, Spinach Croque-monsieur , Harvest Gratin, Croque-monsieur, Bolognaise lasagne, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed cabbage leaves, French onion soup, Croque-monsieur, Moussaka, Pollack Parmentier, ... [All]