Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 2 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
When hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper and cook for 1 or 2 minutes while stirring.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leek and leave to cook uncovered until the leek is just tender but still slightly crunchy.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add the leek and 200 g tuna in oil to the mixture and mix well.
- 3 min.Pour the mixture into a loaf tin or mould and bake.
- 40 min.Leave to cook for about 40 minutes; the top should be golden brown and the middle just cooked, because if it is overcooked, the cake tends to dry out.
Remarks:This loaf can be eaten cold or warm, and sliced then cut into cubes it is perfect to serve with aperitifs.
The varied possibilities of savoury cakes are limited only by your imagination. Use this basic recipe for the mixture, and add anything you like: ham, cheese, bacon, olives, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pink Reims biscuits, Coconut tuiles, Oatmeal cake, Milk rolls, Fish in a sesame crust, ... [All]
- Tuna in oil: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tomato ladybirds, Cucumber and salmon salad, Oriane's tuna rillettes , Cretan salad, Tapenade, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gâteau Basque , Milk rolls, Butter cream, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Brownie, ... [All]
- Baking powder: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and Comté Loaf, Almond mug cake for Mary, Plain cake, Dublin fruit scones, Gingerbread, ... [All]