Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 2 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
When hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper and cook for 1 or 2 minutes while stirring.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leek and leave to cook uncovered until the leek is just tender but still slightly crunchy.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add the leek and 200 g tuna in oil to the mixture and mix well.
- 3 min.Pour the mixture into a loaf tin or mould and bake.
- 40 min.Leave to cook for about 40 minutes; the top should be golden brown and the middle just cooked, because if it is overcooked, the cake tends to dry out.
Remarks:This loaf can be eaten cold or warm, and sliced then cut into cubes it is perfect to serve with aperitifs.
The varied possibilities of savoury cakes are limited only by your imagination. Use this basic recipe for the mixture, and add anything you like: ham, cheese, bacon, olives, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio "Financiers", Saucipain, Carbonnade, Kouign-amann brioche, Finger biscuits, ... [All]
- Tuna in oil: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Pan bagnat, Oriane's tuna rillettes , Nanou's tuna tart, Tomato ladybirds, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh spinach with cream, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Welsh (French Welsh Rarebit), Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Sautéd mushrooms with spring onions and cured ham, ... [All]