Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Prepare 300 g green asparagus.
- 10 min.Cut into short lengths.
- 10 min.Cook 300 g pasta.
Dress with a little olive oil, cover and keep hot.
- 5 min.In a hot frying pan, fry 4 slices smoked ham briefly (1 minute on each side), then cut into strips.
- 10 min.Use the same pan on high heat and add 250 ml cream, salt pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Turn down the heat and leave to thicken.
- 3 min.Add the pasta, ham and asparagus, mix well and leave to heat through for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve without delay.
Remarks:Use whatever pasta you prefer; I have used twists (rotini) here, but penne or tagliatelle would work just as well.
Source:Anne's New York Times article.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green asparagus: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scallops with green asparagus tips and parmesan, Green asparagus omelette, Minestrone, ... [All]
- Pasta: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Tagliatelle with cockles, How to cook pasta properly, Penne with purple artichokes, Penne with Mushrooms, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Courgette tart with mint, Breton Pie, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Caesar salad, Cheese tart, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gougères, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Quail egg canapés, Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , ... [All]