Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.Peel and cook 700 g potatoes in a pan of salted water.
- 10 min.When they are tender (check by piercing with a knife: the blade should pass through to the middle easily), drain and, when completely cooled, cut into pieces and spread evenly in a buttered gratin dish.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
- 35 min.Prepare 500 g broccoli (see how to do this here) and lay evenly over the potatoes.
- 3 min.Spread the 250 g Bechamel sauce over the top.
- 3 min.Finish by scattering 100 g grated cheese and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes...
- 30 min....until the top is nicely browned. You can put the dish under the grill briefly to finish browning.
Remarks:For the grated cheese, I advise you to try a mature Cheddar, which gives an excellent flavour.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Real home-made chips* , Grated potato cakes, Taos hotpot, Pan-fried potatoes, Seafood sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Broccoli savoury custard, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Sautéd broccoli with ham, ... [All]
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Harvest Gratin, Croque-monsieur, Spinach Croque-monsieur , Ham "friand" pie, Gratin slices with spinach, ... [All]