Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Peel and wash 1 kg potatoes, cut into even slices.
Wash again, drain, and dry in a tea-towel.
- 30 min.
- 1 min.Preheat oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Rub 1 garlic clove all around the inside of your dish.
- 1 min.Grease the dish with 1 knob butter.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Put half the potato slices in the dish in an even layer.
- 3 min.Pour in half the cheese-cream mixture. Salt & pepper.
- 3 min.Add remaining potato slices in another layer.
- 3 min.Pour over the remaining cheese-cream mixture. Salt & pepper again.
- 30 min.Put in the oven for about 30 minutes...
- ...until it's golden brown. It's ready!
Remarks:All the proportions (cream, cheese, potatoes) can be adapted to your taste. You should take care to cook the potatoes in the milk until only barely done, then drain them well.
Source:From Joël Robuchon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to cook potato grenaille , Potato wallets, Chilli langoustines, Vegetable pie, Valay salad, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cornmeal baps for Anne, Profiteroles, Crème de foie gras, Kugelhof for Nanou, Loaf for "les filles'", ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur gourmand, Mirlitons, Quick prawn curry, Crispy spinach rolls, Chocolate cream, ... [All]