Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.If not already sliced, slice the bacon into thin rashers.
Lay on a baking sheet and cook at 360°F (180°C) until nicely browned (about 15 minutes), or cook under the grill.
- 2 min.When cold, cut the bacon into shorter pieces.
- 3 min.Slice 150 g cheese (Cheddar here) fairly thinly.
- 20 min.Wash the potatoes thoroughly (the skins are for eating) and boil them until tender.
- 4 min.When cooked, cut several vertical slices, without cutting all the way through.
- 7 min.Slip a piece of bacon and/or cheese into each slot.
- 2 min.Brush the skins of the potatoes with olive oil to help them crisp up during baking.
- 1 min.Finish with a slice of cheese on the top, if you wish...
- 10 min....and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Serve with a green salad, if possible.
Remarks:Use fairly large potatoes to make assembling the wallets easier.
You can use smoked bacon, if you prefer the flavour.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Meatballs, Winemaker's toast, "Land and sea" kebabs, Larded pork tenderloin, Cassoulet, ... [All]
- Cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Croque-monsieur complet, Winemaker's toast, French toast "cordon bleu", Crispy potato galette with leeks, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Comtoise tart for Seàn, Leek and potato soup, Morteau sausage, Grated potato cakes, Maroilles cheese quiche, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm lentil salad, Chinese style chicken, Scallop and leek pancakes, Polenta, Kérinou slices, ... [All]