Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add 200 g red rice, and stir for one minute.
- 1 min.Add chicken stock all at once, mix well and allow to cook uncovered on medium heat.
- 30 min.Rice is cooked when all chicken stock is absorbed, remove and discard bayleaf and garlic.
- 7 min.
- 5 min.Roughly chop 1 slice smoked ham.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Cut 2 rectangles of filo pastry about 6 by 8 inches or 15 by 20 cm.
Coat one rectangle with melted butter, using a brush.
- 2 min.Sprinkle with flax seeds, and put a parsley leaf in the centre .
- 3 min.Coat the second rectangle with melted butter, and put it on the first one, buttered side to buttered side.
- 1 min.Put a tablespoon of mixture in the middle.
- 3 min.Fold filo pastry to wrap up the mix.
Join edges with a bit of melted butter.
- 30 min.Put the pannequet with join on bottom.
Do this with all the mix, aiming to get two pannequets per guest.
- 6 min.Cook pannequets on both sides in a frying pan with a little oil, until golden brown.
Serve hot, without waiting.
Remarks:This recipe is intended as a main course with two pannequets per guest, but you can turn it into a starter by makeing smaller pannequets (half size).
If you don't have chicken stock to cook the rice, use water instead but it's less tasty. Same goes for the seeds: if you don't have flax seeds use sesame, poppy or anything else you like.
Source:Home made, and LCI for the seeds tip.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Red rice: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Moist Lemon Cake, French croissants, "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Gratin Dauphinois, Seafood feuillantines, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Alsatian-style salad, Prawn salad with a crunch, How to prepare cockles, Green avocado salad, ... [All]
- Sheet of filo pastry : You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Langoustine sabayon tart, Filo leeks and cheese tart, ... [All]