Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Peel 1 kg potatoes, cut into medium-sized pieces, rinse and dry.
- 30 min.Melt 3 tablespoons goose fat in a non-stick pan over medium heat, then tip in the potatoes. Stir to coat with melted fat. Do not salt.
Cover, turn down heat and leave to cook 30 minutes.
- 5 min.After this time, salt and pepper, then shake or stir to bring potatoes that are already fried up to the top.
It's better to not use a spoon or spatula to avoid breaking the potatoes, but if you use one, do it gently.
Leave to cook another 5 minutes.
- 20 min.Repeat this operation until potatoes are fried and browned all over.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.If you are greedy like me, scatter a few slices of foie gras in the pan (to your liking) and stir to melt.
- 2 min.Just before serving, add the mix of chopped herbs and stir well.
- Serve on its own (it's quite filling), or to accompany a meat dish for example.
Remarks:For the perfect dish, use duck fat saved from cooking home made terrine of foie gras.
As usual with traditional regional recipes, I do not claim that this is "THE" recipe for Sarladaise potatoes, just that it's "ONE", my own version.
And to drink?A red wine with plenty of tannin, such as a Bergerac or Cahors.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Real home-made chips* , Salt cod brandade, Chilli langoustines, Vegetable pie, Express sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare cockles, Mussels marinière, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Beans with tomatoes, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Goose fat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Avengers' potatoes, Röstis, Chicken with rice and leeks, Cassoulet, Express sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Garlic clove: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cassoulet, Like a Boursin with garlic and herbs, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Pesto, Blanquette of veal, ... [All]