Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Place a little of the mixture in a sausage shape on a piece of cooking film, then roll up like a big boiled sweet or cracker (whatever image best suits you...).
- 20 min.Tie one end of the roll then squeeze the mixture up to this end by pressing on the open end. Tie the second end and roll the package on the work surface until it is nice and round.
The aim is to produce a roll of about the same diameter as the sausage you have chosen, but don't worry if you don't manage this.
Continue making rolls like this until you have used up all the mixture.
- 40 min.Bring a large pan of water the the boil, and poach the rolls in simmering water for about 40 minutes.
- 5 min.After this time, remove the rolls from the water and undo the plastic film...
- 5 min.And cut into slices a good centimeter ( ½ inch) thick.
- 5 min.Boil 1 Morteau sausage, then cut this too into slices a good centimeter ( ½ inch) thick.
- 10 min.Heat a non-stick frying pan, without adding fat, and fry the sausage slices until they are cooked to your liking on both sides.
Set aside on absorbant paper.
- 10 min.Using the same pan without cleaning it, fry the sliced duchess potatoes gently on both sides.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.At the last minute, blend until smooth.
- 10 min.To serve, arrange alternate slices of duchess potatoes and sausage, then coat with Mont d'Or fondue.
Remarks:The potatoes can be prepared and poached beforehand, even a few days bafore, then kept in their plastic film in the fridge.
I have a preference for Morteau sausage and Mont d'Or cheese, but if you don't have any, you can use another sausage (smoked if possible) and another cheese, preferably one that is fairly soft.
this is a real winter recipe with plenty of calories, as you will have noticed...
And to drink?One of those lovely light Arbois reds that Jacques Brel sings of in "A mon dernier repas" (at my last meal), made with Trousseau grapes, such as that produced by the Domaine Rolet, Arbois.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potato purée: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Dauphinoise potatoes with Serano ham, Oxtail Parmentier, Potato and two ham gratin, Two-stage beef chuck , ... [All]
- Mont d'Or cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hot box cheese , Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Dipping bread with cheese, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rosemary steamed fish, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Toffee apple upside-down cake, Cauliflower curry, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, ... [All]
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple confectioner's custard, Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, Breton sablé biscuit dough, Panettone, Lemon Confectioner's Custard, ... [All]