Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Cut 6 slices Morteau sausage (cooked and cold) into small sticks then small dice. Set aside.
- 1 hour
- 5 min.Break off stalks from 130 g button or field mushrooms and discard.
- 10 min.Peel the caps.
- Cut caps in half, then each half into small pieces. Sprinkle with juice of ½ lemon.
- 2 min.Put 1 tablespoon goose fat in a pan on medium heat. When hot, add 1 shallot chopped, and cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- 15 min.Add the small pieces of mushroom, and cook until there is no liquid left.
- 15 min.Add morels and their juice, and cook until there is no liquid left.
- 15 min.Add ½ glass dry white wine (if possible from Jura, Savagnin variety), and cook until just a little liquid remains.
Preheat oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 20 min.Add 300 ml liquid cream, salt and pepper, and allow to thicken slowly.
Check seasoniing: it should still need a little more salt (but the smoked sausage is coming...). Set aside.
- 3 min.Using a blender, mix 70 g flour + 70 g cancoillotte metton, to obtain a coarse powder.
- 5 min.To this powder add cold 70 g butter, cut into small pieces, and rub in with finger-tips to get a sandy texture.
- 10 min.Fill ramekins with a layer of mushrooms, then a layer of diced sausage.
- 10 min.Cover with another layer of mushrooms, and finally a layer of crumble, and press down lightly to give an even crust.
Put in the oven, until top is golden brown.