Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Cut 6 slices Morteau sausage (cooked and cold) into small sticks then small dice. Set aside.
- 1 hour
- 5 min.Break off stalks from 130 g button or field mushrooms and discard.
- 10 min.Peel the caps.
- Cut caps in half, then each half into small pieces. Sprinkle with juice of ½ lemon.
- 2 min.Put 1 tablespoon goose fat in a pan on medium heat. When hot, add 1 shallot chopped, and cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- 15 min.Add the small pieces of mushroom, and cook until there is no liquid left.
- 15 min.Add morels and their juice, and cook until there is no liquid left.
- 15 min.Add ½ glass dry white wine (if possible from Jura, Savagnin variety), and cook until just a little liquid remains.
Preheat oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 20 min.Add 300 ml liquid cream, salt and pepper, and allow to thicken slowly.
Check seasoniing: it should still need a little more salt (but the smoked sausage is coming...). Set aside.
- 3 min.Using a blender, mix 70 g flour + 70 g cancoillotte metton, to obtain a coarse powder.
- 5 min.To this powder add cold 70 g butter, cut into small pieces, and rub in with finger-tips to get a sandy texture.
- 10 min.Fill ramekins with a layer of mushrooms, then a layer of diced sausage.
- 10 min.Cover with another layer of mushrooms, and finally a layer of crumble, and press down lightly to give an even crust.
Put in the oven, until top is golden brown.
Remarks:If you don't have metton, you can use instead grated cheese of your choice.
And to drink?If possible the same dry white wine you use for cooking the mushrooms.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chantilly cream, Maroilles cheese quiche, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Apricot blancmange, Involtinis, ... [All]
- Button or field mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blanquette of veal, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Koulibiak in pie dish, Artichoke hearts forestier , Lille style chicken, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato tatin, Almond tuiles, Grated potato cakes, Choux pastry (pâte à choux), Sesame fried scampi, ... [All]