Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 1 min.
- 7 min.
- 5 min.Prepare 8 scallops, dry with absorbant paper, then salt and pepper on both sides.
- 3 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When really hot (smoking lightly), add the scallops.
Fry briefly (1 minute) on both sides.
Transfer the scallops onto a plate and set aside.
- 1 min.
Assemble the pancakesUse a special pancake pan (crêpière), large griddle or Indian tava (chapatti pan), if you have one. Melt a knob of butter on high heat and add a pancake*...
*These are often sold ready made in France.
- 1 min.Spread some creamed leeks in the centre...
- 1 min....add the scallops...
- ...then fold the pancake up...
- 2 min....and turn it over to brown the other side for a minute or two.
Remarks:For a more economical version, slice the scallops through the middle to make the filling go further.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Leek: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Steamed leeks with morel sabayon, Chicken nems, Taos hotpot, Potimarron and leek soup, Fried bread with leek and poached egg , ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seafood feuillantines, French croissants, Liège waffles, Tomatoes Provençal, Breton Pie, ... [All]
- Scallops: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Scallops with green asparagus tips and parmesan, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lebanese Tabbouleh, Chicken pie, Green parsley sauce, Summer Salmon Blanquette, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., ... [All]