Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Grate the 3 cheeses or cut into small dice if soft.
- 8 min.Prepare the cauliflower and separate the florets.
- 10 min.Slice the florets fairly thinly. This is very quick to do if you have a mandolin.
- 3 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Plunge the cauliflower into the pan and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until just tender.
- 5 min.Drain and leave to wait on a tea-towel to remove as much water as possible.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices cured ham into strips.
- 3 min.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan or saucepan, then add the ham.
Fry for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Add the chopped shallot to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- 2 min.Add the cauliflower and 50 ml cream. Heat through while stirring well.
- 5 min.Add the cheese, stir again, cover and leave to melt for 5 minutes.
Remarks:For the cheeses, in the photos I was using Parmesan, Comté and Cheddar, but you can use whatever cheese you prefer.
You can also use a softer cheese, but this is better cut into small dice rather than grated.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Harvest Gratin, Paella, Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Country vegetable soup, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs in brioche nests, Welsh (French Welsh Rarebit), Potato wallets, French toast "cordon bleu", Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked leek and Camembert slices, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Scallop and leek pancakes, ... [All]
- Cured ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cabbage julienne with ham, New York style pasta, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Mediterranean toast, Saltimbocca, ... [All]