Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Prepare 400 g broccoli.
- 5 min.Chop 200 g mushrooms.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Slice 200 g chicken breast (take no notice of the strange colour of this chicken breast in the photo. It was frozen and I thawed it by poaching it in chicken stock).
- 2 min.Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan then add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 8 min.Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring regularly.
Note: if the mushrooms you are using give off a lot of water, drain this off and discard it to speed up the cooking.
- 3 min.Set aside on a plate.
- 1 min.Using the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, then add the chicken.
- 8 min.Cook until lightly browned...
- 2 min....then add the broccoli, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- 5 min.
Remarks:For added flavour, squeeze lemon juice over the mushrooms after cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Potato and broccoli gratin, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Sautéed Green Vegetables, How to prepare broccoli, ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chicken nems, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Chinese Soup, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, ... [All]
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corn salad with croutons, Mixed salad, Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Nanou's tuna tart, Rabbit civet, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Italian style gratin, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Vol-au-vent, Greek salad, Rosemary steamed fish, ... [All]