Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Trim any leaves off 1 celery, keeping only stalks, then wash.
- 5 min.Cut each stalk in two lengthways, then into small pieces.
- 5 min.Peel 1 green pepper with a peeler, then cut in four lengthways and remove white pith from inside.
- 5 min.Cut each quarter into small sticks, then into small dice.
- 5 min.Wash 4 tomatoes, remove hard green stalk "core", cut into thick slices.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 2 shallots.
- 1 min.
- 4 min.Add celery, green pepper and courgettes, mix well, cover and cook 4 minutes.
- 2 min.After this, tip vegetables into a dish, and discard bayleaf, thyme and rosemary.
- 3 min.Put pan back onto heat, pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil and add tomatoes.
Salt and pepper.
- 3 min.Cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes, then if possible remove tomato skins.
Allow to cook slowly until tomatoes disintegrate.
- 2 min.Tip green vegetables into pan with tomatoes, mix well and cook ratatouille a further minute or two.
- 10 min.Break 6 eggs carefully on top of ratatouille, trying to spread them evenly over the surface, without breaking them.
Cover and leave to cook until whites of eggs are firm, but yolks still runny.
Serve as soon as possible.
Remarks:This choice of vegetables can be varied to taste, and for a "true" ratatouille you should add other Mediterranean ones (garlic, aubergines, etc.), but it's already pretty good like this.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chestnut moelleux, Oat shortbread biscuits, How to cook hard-boiled eggs properly , Kouign-amann brioche, Cherry clafoutis, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Tomato pesto, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Guacamole, Little vegetable omelettes, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Kérinou slices, Quick chicken curry, Couscous, Fried bread with leek and poached egg , ... [All]
- Courgette: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed green vegetables, Italian style gratin, Vegetable tartare, Vegetable clafoutis, Cubed salad, ... [All]