Step by step recipe:
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- 10 min.Whisk whites to soft peak stage, not too firm.
- 5 min.Add lemon juice to yolks, salt, pepper and beat until quite frothy.
- 3 min.Add grated cheese and mix gently.
- 2 min.Add a few tablespoons of whites to yolks and cheese.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Pour this mix into the remaining whites...
- 7 min.... and fold, still using the maryse...
- ... until thoroughly mixed.
- 2 min.Preheat your oven to 356°F (180°C).
Put a non-stick frying pan on medium heat without fat, and then put in a metal ring.
If you don't have metal ring, don't worry, use any pan you can find with non-stick bottom (otherwise put a sheet of greaseproof paper in the bottom) which can go both on the hob and in the oven.
- 5 min.When frying pan is quite hot, pour in the egg mix and cook like this for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10 min.Then put in the oven for about 10 minutes, check cooking like for a cake.
- 1 min.Don't hesitate to finish under the grill to brown the top.
- 1 min.Remove the ring (if used) by passing a knife blade all around it, between omelette and metal sides.
- A possible variation, tomato souflée omelette: pour half the mixture into pan, then add a layer of cooked tomato slices (pan-fried beforehand in a little olive oil), and finally add the remaining mix. Then cook and serve as usual.
Remarks:The ideal utensil for this recipe is a non-stick frying pan with removable handle.
Serve with a herb salad on the side, as I think that something with a hint of acidity makes a good accompaniement.
Source:From Thierry Marx.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Grated cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Duck Parmentier, Gratin slices with spinach, Moussaka, Endive gratin with cancoillotte, Spinach Croque-monsieur , ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon and spinach quiche, Chestnut cake, Galette Charentaise, Dipping bread with cheese, Oatmeal cake, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Poaching syrup, Pear charlotte, Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Panettone, Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, ... [All]
- Pepper: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare cockles, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Chicken with rice and leeks, ... [All]