Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Put the spinach into a bowl with the shallot, feta, 1 egg, salt, pepper...
- ...and mix thoroughly.
- Roll up the parcels:
Place a spoonful of mixture near the bottom edge of a brik sheet.
- Roll the sheet up over the filling, folding in the sides...
- ...and finish by rolling over again to form a fat "sausage".
- 20 min.Press lightly on the parcel to spread the mixture evenly inside.
Make all the parcels like this.
- 6 min.To cook the parcels, heat 6 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan on high heat.
When very hot, add the parcels and fry until browned all over.
Serve without delay.
Remarks:You can also deep fry these parcels. This is very quick but, unfortunately, raises the fat content.
If you can't find brik pastry, you can use filo instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, Spinach on toast with bechamel, Feta and spinach brik pie, Crispy spinach rolls, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, ... [All]
- Feta: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Feta and spinach brik pie, Cretan-style salmon , Moussaka, Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, Feta in olive oil with herbs, ... [All]
- Sheet of brik pastry: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Warm apple feuillantines, Crispy prawn rolls, Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, Crispy cheese parcels, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Rémoulade dressing, Caramelized Onions, Taos hotpot, Two-stage beef chuck , ... [All]