Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Put the spinach into a bowl with the shallot, feta, 1 egg, salt, pepper...
- ...and mix thoroughly.
- Roll up the parcels:
Place a spoonful of mixture near the bottom edge of a brik sheet.
- Roll the sheet up over the filling, folding in the sides...
- ...and finish by rolling over again to form a fat "sausage".
- 20 min.Press lightly on the parcel to spread the mixture evenly inside.
Make all the parcels like this.
- 6 min.To cook the parcels, heat 6 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan on high heat.
When very hot, add the parcels and fry until browned all over.
Serve without delay.
Remarks:You can also deep fry these parcels. This is very quick but, unfortunately, raises the fat content.
If you can't find brik pastry, you can use filo instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach Omelette, Spinach Croque-monsieur , Spinach on toast with bechamel, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, ... [All]
- Feta: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mediterranean toast, Lumberjack turnovers, Vegetable rosette tart, Feta in olive oil with herbs, Tomato and courgette tart, ... [All]
- Sheet of brik pastry: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm apple feuillantines, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Crispy cheese parcels, Crispy prawn rolls, Crispy spinach rolls, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Two-stage beef chuck , Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Croque-monsieur complet, Salmon marinated like herring, ... [All]