Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.Start by preparing the bread: remove the crusts, if you prefer, from 4 slices bread, then butter lightly on both sides.
- 4 min.In a very hot frying pan, fry the bread on both sides...
- 1 min....then place on a baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Divide the spinach between the toast slices.
- 3 min.Cover with slices of hard-boiled egg...
- 4 min....then top with bechamel sauce and, finally, the grated cheese.
- 10 min.Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the top begins to brown.
Serve piping hot.
Remarks:For a sharper flavour, trickle a few drops of vinaigrette over the top after cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach Omelette, Gratin slices with spinach, Spinach and Comté Loaf, Spinach Croque-monsieur , Parcels of fish fillet in spinach, ... [All]
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Italian style gratin, Ham "friand" pie, Croque-monsieur, Leek and Mimolette tart, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Potato and two ham gratin, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Thin endive tart, Breton galettes (pancakes), ... [All]