Step by step recipe:
- 4 hours 45 min.Cook 400 g beef slowly in red wine.
- 50 min.Prepare 400 g potato purée.
- 7 min.Take 4 tablespoons of the cooking juices and pour this over the meat. Mix well and reheat on low heat.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Heat the serving plates.
Place two tablespoons of mashed potato in the centre of the plate. Arrange the meat on top and coat with sauce.
Remarks:Both the meat and potatoes can be prepared the day before, even a few days in advance.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Red wine: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Beef braised in reduced red wine, Aperitif rolls, Pears in red wine with blackcurrant , How to slow cook meat, Spaghetti Bolognese, ... [All]
- Potato purée: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Colcannon, Oxtail Parmentier, Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, ... [All]
- Beef : You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, Taos hotpot, Carbonnade, How to slow cook meat, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, ... [All]
- Bayleaf: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried eggs with tomatoes, Feta and spinach brik pie, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Little vegetable omelettes, Preserved tomatoes, ... [All]