Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 1 min.Pour 250 ml red wine into the pan and stir well.
- 10 min.
- 7 min.Cut 200 g belly (streaky) bacon into small pieces and pan fry lightly.
- 7 min.Slice 200 g cooked potato and fry on both sides in the same pan as you used for the bacon. Ideally, you should not add any more fat and just use what has come out of the bacon. If there isn't enough, use a little oil.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Begin the assembly: divide the onions between the slices of bread.
- 5 min.Then the bacon.
- 5 min.Then the potatoes.
- 5 min.Finish with thin slices of any cheese you like.
- 20 min.Put in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
- Serve hot, ideally with a green salad.
Remarks:The cheese can be any you choose! A few excellent French options: Comté, Morbier, Saint-Nectaire...
And to drink?The same red wine as you have used to cook the onions.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chorba, Eggs meurette, Vegetable stock, Moussaka, Potatoes with prawns, ... [All]
- Red wine: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roscoff loaf, Rabbit civet, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Oxtail Parmentier, Beef braised in reduced red wine, ... [All]
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausagemeat, Avengers' potatoes, Surf and turf club sandwich, Sunday night pasta, Bacon and cabbage omelette, ... [All]