Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Then add 200 g flour, a little at a time. Stop mixer when mixture is smooth again.
You have made the basic cookie dough, and you need to add the "extras".
- 3 min.Add 190 g rolled oats or muesli, 100 g chocolate chips and 100 g flaked almonds.
- 5 min.Replace the "K" with the normal beater, switch on the mixer and knead until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- 30 min.Gather the dough into a kind of flat thick cake, wrap in plastic film, and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 200°C or 392°F.
- 1 min.After this time, remove the dough from the fridge. Take a tablespoonful.
- 1 min.Shape into a ball in your hand, and place on a baking sheet.
Press ball down firmly to form the cookie.
- 3 min.Cookies should be fairly flat, but not completely, it's a matter of taste. The thinner they are the crisper, thicker cookies stay soft in the middle.
You can also use a spoon to tidy the edges of your cookies.
- 5 min.Another method: roll out dough covered with a sheet of aluminium foil (to prevent from sticking).
- 5 min.Then cut out perfectly round cookies with cutters or simply using a glass.
- 20 min.Fill up your baking sheet by whichever method, and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cookies brown fast, so be careful to not overcook so that they stay a little moist.
Leave to cool on a wire rack, and keep in an airtight tin or jar.
Remarks:Once the basic dough is made, you can let your imagination guide you and (for example) replace almonds with walnuts, chocolate with raisins or dried apricots, etc. Everything is possible (or nearly).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit civet "à la normande", Financiers, Linzer torte, Spinach and Comté Loaf, Little lemon biscuits, ... [All]
- Rolled oats: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cereal bars, Oat financiers for Louise, Cranachan, Oaty walnut cake , Moist cereal bars, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pavlova, Sauce Normande (for fish), Flognarde, Dublin fruit scones, Strawberry and rhubarb crumble, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pain perdu, Pavlova, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Oaty walnut cake , Bonnevaux apple tart, ... [All]