Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F now, so it will be at the right temperature when the cake is ready.
Weigh 3 eggs and note the weight.
- 5 min.Weigh the same amount of sugar, put in a bowl.
- 5 min.Weigh the same amount of flour, put in a bowl.
- 5 min.Weigh the same amount of butter, put in a bowl.
Put butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- 5 min.Mix well with a spatula.
- 5 min.Add flour, through a fine sieve if possible, to prevent lumps.
- 5 min.Mix well.
- 5 min.Add 3 eggs.
- 5 min.Mix well again.
- 5 min.Pour batter into a mould or tin, preferably non-stick.
- 25 min.Put in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Check cooking (ask an adult for help with this).
- And that's it.
Remarks:It's already delicious just as it is, but you could add some fruit (apples, pears, apricots, ...) cut in pieces, and mixed into the batter before putting in the mould or tin. See how to to this.
Source:Mom, when I was a young boy (a long long time ago...).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Pear compote , Mirlitons, Crème caramel, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), Jam doughnuts, Rabbit civet, Tomato tatin, Chocolate madeleines, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate rolls (petits pains), , Elsa's Comtoise galette, Almond macaroon cake, Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes, ... [All]