Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Knead on slow speed until evenly mixed.
- 5 min.Tip the dough out onto a sheet of stretch plastic film.
- 2 hoursFold the film over and press the dough into a flat cake.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
This cooling time is essential as the dough is very soft at room temperature. The time in the fridge will firm up the dough.
- 5 min.After this time, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to just under 1 cm (0.4 inch) thick.
- 5 min.Now comes the tricky momnt: cutting out the "alien" shapes. I used a calisson cutter for the pointed end.
- 5 min.Then I cut the top of the head using a normal round cutter.
But you can cut them out perfectly well with a small knife.
- 5 min.Shape the rounded part if necessary by pushing around the edge with your finger.
- 5 min.Make the eyes with 2 whole almonds, the pointed end towards the centre. Press them lightly into the dough to make them stick.
- 20 min.Use up all the dough like this, placing the cookies on a baking sheet as you go.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 5 min.Put the offcuts onto a baking heet, shaped or not. Here I've made Star Trek logos (yes, I know, this is an American TV series recipe...).
- 30 min.Bake for around 30 minutes. Watch carefully for colouring towards the end of the cooking time to keep the lovely green colour. So don't overcook them.
Remarks:Green is the obvious colour to use, but they look good in pink, too (in which case, leave out the lime).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate mug cake, Moist Lemon Cake, Jam doughnuts, Arizona cupcakes, Kouign-amann brioche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Potatoes with prawns, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Swiss meringues, Stuffed prunes, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Millefeuille, Pistachio "Financiers", ... [All]
- Whole almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Apple Batter Puddings, Grandma Solange's biscuits, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Praline, Kugelhof for Nanou, ... [All]